Monday, March 1, 2010

Be Careful HOW You Say It

As a general rule, Campbell takes toys from Reilly more than vice versa. And most of the time, Reilly lets him do it. She doesn't fight him or cry to get it back. If she does take it back, Campbell throws a temper tantrum about it.
But this time was a little different. Campbell took Reilly's cup from her. And she cried and looked at momma. I told her that she needed to get it back on her own. I said "You have to stand up for yourself" - my words exactly!
What does Reilly do? She takes the maracca that she has in her hand and starts to beat Campbell over the head with it! Not exactly what I meant by standing up for yourself, Reilly.
I took the weapon from her tiny hands and calmly gave her the cup back. Campbell then started to cry.



Such is the life....

No comments:

Post a Comment