Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So I have a biter!!


Campbell has decided to start channeling his temper tantrums into biting his sister. Most of the time, poor Reilly is an innocent bystander. C has been throwing temper tantrums since he was about 9 months old. We really have been trying to ignore him but I guess he decided that was unacceptable. He now gets mad and immediately goes for the jugular.

We've tried biting him back - I honestly think that he started biting more after we did that. I've tried popping him on the hand, sternly telling him "NO", popped him on the mouth, harshly telling him "NO". Have I mentioned telling him "NO!"? To no avail! He bit me 4 times last night!

I realize that he's only 13 months old and it's so hard to determine if he understands reasoning. But he HAS TO realize that he cannot bite - Reilly, Momma or Daddy.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget...thanks for your comment on my blog. C&H have not started biting yet, so I have no advice for you, but I am interested in what people have to say in case I am dealing with this in the future! Your kiddos are precious...they are so close in age with my two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have a biter, too! We are trying to teach her about biting her food, instead of saying eat, to tell her what those teeth are for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete